Obesity is one in all the most important health issues in the world. It travels with numerous different diseases, that combined kill many folks each year. These diseases include diabetes, disorder, cancer, stroke, dementia and numerous others.
Here are 9 common medically proven reasons behind weight gain in otherwise healthy people:
- Stress – Stress and tension cause the production of ‘the stress endocrine,’ hydro cortisone in the body.
Cortisol is liable for higher levels of insulin. A rise in insulin drops your blood sugar levels and causes you to crave for sweet and fatty foods. Beware!
- Low Mood –PMS and Mood Swings are closely joined in girls and ladies. Life-style and unhealthy habits also cause mood to see-saw between positive and negative. Unsteady moods break the secretion balance within the body. Even minute changes in internal secretion proportions have important effects on your physical and mental health.
Hormones resembling steroid, progestin, and androgen affect you hugely. Their delicate balance is suffering from sudden fluctuations in your mood.
- Depression – many studies have coupled weight gain to depression. This study revealed and indexed in the Archives of General psychopathology (2) is clear proof of that.
Now days weight gaining is very common which can even cause death.The question arises, do you gain weight because of depression? Or you get depressed because you’re overweight? The solution is similar to the eternal question—‘Did the egg come 1st or the chicken?’
It is a vicious circle. Each are inter-dependent on one another. Depression causes several symptoms that worsen weight gain. A few are appetite abnormalities, depleted energy levels, and binge ingestion of food.
- Fatigue – Lack of enough rest and burning yourself out causes you to feel tired all the time. Fatigue makes you a lot of possible to crave for high-energy and high-calorie food.
Surely, ingestion such calorie-rich food keeps your energy levels up all day. On the flip aspect, it also causes you to avoid physical activity. Which means you’ll burn fewer calories! Watch out, and rest enough!
- Lack of Sleep – Sleep deprivation ends up in reduced levels of the hormone Leptin. Leptin is that the chemical in your body that produces your stomach feel full. Therefore, it’s conjointly nicknamed because the “satiety hormone.”
A lower level of Leptin hikes the amount of another internal secretion, endocrine within the body. Endocrine is the hunger-stimulating chemical. Meagerly sleep, eventually causes you to eat more!
- Medication – Weight gain may be a frequent side effect of the much medicine, even over-the-counter (OTC) medication.
Even unseeingly harmless medication like antihistamines (e.g. Benadryl) taken for allergies, and medicine for diabetes, High blood pressure, Depression, Asthma, migraine conjointly boost fat retention. Bound birth control pills will increase your weight too.
- Digestive Disorders – issues in your system cause implausibly speedy weight gain. Ordinarily, Acid Reflux unwellness (Acidity), Constipation, Irritable intestine Syndrome (IBS), enteric bacterial overgrowth and abdomen Ulcers are problems that are commonplace culprits.
Gastrointestinal and digestion connected problems play a vital role in your dietary habits. They conjointly have an effect on however your body absorbs and digests food. If this method isn’t sleek or healthy, it causes an accelerated increase in your weight.
- Excessive ingestion – equalization weight is as straightforward as maintaining a good equation between the quantity of calories you’re taking in, and therefore the range of calories you burn doing a physical or mental activity.
- Unhealthy Diet – ingestion an unbalanced diet make your body lack explicit nutrients whereas having an excess of others. This natural would like causes you to hungry for a lot of food!